There are nearly 10,000 dog attacks a year in the UK and the number of dog bite compensation claims continues to rise.
If you have suffered an injury as a result of a dog attack then you may be entitled to make a claim for compensation.
People making a successful dog bite compensation claim can expect to receive compensation for their injuries as well as recovering their financial losses and out of pocket expenses.
For you to make a claim the attack must have taken place within the last three years, or if you were under 18 anytime before your 21st birthday.
Dog attack law can be complicated, so to make sure your claim is dealt with properly you need solicitors who know exactly what they are doing and who are specialists in animal injury cases.
We are established experts in this specialist field of law and our lawyers will be happy to provide you with a free case assessment.
Because we have an excellent track record of success we are willing to deal with dog bite compensation claims on a No Win, No Fee basis. Call us for further details.
I’ve been bitten by a dog, what should I do?
- Get medical attention;
- Contact the police. Keep details of who you speak to and any crime reference number;
- Try to get the name of the dog’s owner and their address;
- Find out whether the owner has pet insurance;
- Get the details of any witnesses, including their name and address;
- Take photos of your injuries;
- Ask around to see if the dog has attacked anyone before;
- Contact the local council and dog warden;
- If you were doing your job at the time you were attacked tell your boss and get it entered in the accident book;
- Keep details and receipts for all financial losses and expenses; and
- Call our FREE legal helpline for specialist legal guidance.